CHILDREN’S SWIMMING LESSONS – 3 YEARS UP
FREE TRIAL & TASTERS FOR ALL CHILDREN'S SWIMMING LESSONS
If you are not sure how your child will take to swimming lessons, why not come to a free trial session first. They are available for all ages and abilities and providing there is space in there ability class, you can bring your child along to see how they get on before signing up to weekly lessons. There is no charge for trials so please call 01527 821978 to book a trial session.
Children’s swimming lessons are taught in small classes with a focused and structured approach. We keep our class sizes small to ensure every child gets special attention, and plenty of swimming, and our teachers are in the water during the lessons. Despite the planning and structure that goes into the lessons, we still teach in a safe, sensitive and FUN way, so that children enjoy their lessons, and are motivated to try hard. New swimmers are offered a free trial / assessment lesson to help you decide if Chessgrove is right for you and to help our teachers select the most appropriate class for the swimmer. We do not guarantee to put friends or siblings in the same class, but aim to put each swimmer in the class that most suits them, taking many factors into account including their swimming ability, age, confidence and development.
" We are really delighted by the way our two daughters have come on over the last 6 months, they now have barrels of confidence and stamina in the pool thanks to the wonderful teaching team at Chessgrove – thankyou!" Mr and Mrs Roberts, Birmingham.
We specialise in teaching swimming to younger swimmers and beginners and we have a number of different types of beginner classes to suit all.
Pre-school classes (3-4years) – Weekly lessons
We teach new swimmers without their parents from 3 years in our specialist pre-school classes. (Children who have progressed from our baby and toddler sessions may well join these classes younger than 3). These swimmers will work on their Duckling awards which are aimed at the younger swimmers, and some will gain their ASA Stage 1 or 2 when they turn 4 in this class. There are plenty of toys and games in the lessons, and we run really small classes for this age group. These lessons are taught every week (except for a break at Christmas), and lessons are 30 minutes long.
Ebony's mum said...
"Jo is so patient when Ebony won't listen and her swimming has improved greatly since going into the preschool class!" (June 2012)
Stage 1/2 classes (school age) – Weekly lessons
Beginner swimmers of school age will usually go into our Stage 1 classes, which have a bit more of a grown up feel than the pre-school classes. Children work on their ASA awards, and as we have the whole pool dedicated to each lesson, we have the flexibility to progress children from swimming widths to lengths as soon as they are ready. These lessons are taught every week (except for a break at Christmas), and lessons are 30 minutes long.
Learn to Swim Holiday Courses
There are currently no planned intensive swimming courses, please check back soon for further updates. If you'd like to put your child on the waiting list so that we get in touch when new courses are added, please call us on 01527 821978 or email us on email@example.com
The following types of courses are offered:
- Beginners sessions are for children aged 3+ who have limited or no swimming experience, and who may be still dependant on the use of flotation aids when swimming. If your child has weekly lessons with us, they should be in a Preschool or Stage 1/2 class to be eligible for these courses.
- Improvers sessions are for children who are already able to swim 5 metres on their front AND back without flotation aids. If your child has weekly lessons with us, they should be in a Stage 2/3 to be eligible for these courses.
Alice and Celeste's mum said...
"Pam's lessons are varied and she takes account of the worries of a tentative swimmer and adapts exercises if necessary. Great!" (June 2012)
Improvers / Advanced – Weekly lessons
Beginners quickly progress into our many improvers classes. We have an extensive timetable of lessons operating 7 days a week,, teaching children from beginners right through to the advanced swimmers who are working on their tumble turns and stamina. Our aim is always to build strong foundations and to develop good strokes in our swimmers. We will not race them up through their badges, but will stop and correct before a bad habit forms. We follow the ASA syllabus, and award badges and certificates, and we also provide written reports for each swimmer to chart progress.
to go to our timetable, and find a time that suits you.
Expensive or value for money.
Yes, our prices per lesson are more money than at the local leisure centre pools, but no, we are not more expensive, as we are offering so much more in each lesson.
- Our teacher to pupil ratio is 4, compared with the ASA recommendation of 12. So, we are giving 3 times more instruction in every lesson. And we get to know your child.
- Our teachers are in the water, not on the poolside. This means that we correct technique on every width / length, and individual swimmers are shown what they need to improve rather than swimming a whole length with uncorrected techniques. Practice does not always make perfect. But perfect practice does make perfect.
- We offer FREE replacement lessons. Children have busy lives with lots of opportunities, so may miss lessons due to illness, holidays, parties, school plays etc. As long as you tell us in advance that you will not be attending a lesson, then the replacement is free. Please note this is dependent on availability.
- Swimmers do not have to redo levels. We concentrate on learning to swim, not just on badges. We award badges as and when swimmers achieve each level not on a specified badge week, so we do not have a pass / fail for the course. The aim is to motivate, and not hold swimmers back if they are struggling with one or two activities for a badge. Often, they start working towards the next badge before finishing off the last one.
- All Inclusive. There are no added extras to our prices. You will not be charged extra for badges & certificates (replacements for lost or damaged items will incur a small charge), lockers, parking, drinks & biscuits.
- Our water is warm, so the children love coming and find it easier to learn to swim with their faces in.
- FREE leisure swims. During school holidays we offer extra fun sessions known as leisure swims, where children & parents alike can come along and enjoy the water together and make use of all our toys and equipment. These sessions are totally FREE for the child who has lessons with us plus one adult - other family members are also welcome for £3 per person. Please note these sessions are lifeguarded only; with no teacher present in the water.
- 10% discount off parties. If you book your child's swimming party with us you'll get a 10% discount on the flat rate amount of a swimming party for 10 children.